Surgery Expenses and Hospitalization Cover
Specific Exclusions applicable to Section 1A (Surgery):
The Company will not indemnify the Insured under this Section for the cost incurred in relation of the following:
1. Any Surgeries which are not necessitated due to any Accident/Illness
2. Any Surgeries done to cure congenital defects/deformities
3. Cataract Surgeries for Giant breeds over 5 years of age and for all other breeds over 7 years of age. (Can be covered in Plan B)
4. Any surgeries related to procedures like hysterectomy, spaying and castration unless medically required due to an illness/accident or the costs claimed are for treatment of complications arising from such procedures
5. Any Surgery done in relation to pregnancy or whelping.
6. Dental Surgery not arising out of an accident
7. Any Surgery done in relation to Grooming
8. Cosmetic, aesthetic or elective Surgery including tail docking, declawing, removal of eyelashes, cropping of ears or any other procedure not related to Illness or Injury.
9. Any Surgeries for removal of any abnormal growth such as a wart or an abscess
10. Any Surgeries related to skin diseases
11. Any experimental Surgeries
12. Cost of artificial body parts and/or prosthesis.
13. Any expenses which can be covered under Hospitalisation (Section 1 B)
Specific Exclusions applicable to 1B (Hospitalisation):
The Company will not pay any amounts under Hospitalisation for Insured dog for:
1. The cost of Dental Treatment unless the treatment relates to an Injury.
2. Any Claim arising from skin related treatments.
3. Any Claim arising from expenses incurred for vaccination and micro-chipping, other than the cost of treating any complications that arise from this procedure.
4. Any Claim arising from expenses incurred for spaying (including spaying following a false pregnancy) or castration, unless:
a. The procedure is carried out when Insured dog is suffering from an Injury or Illness and the procedure is essential to treat the Injury or Illness
b. The costs Claimed are for the treatment of complications arising from this procedure.
5. Any Claim arising from expenses incurred in connection with breeding, pregnancy or giving birth.
6. Any non-medical cost incurred by the Insured for the Insured dog.
7. The cost of any elective treatment, any preventive treatment or any treatment that Insured person chooses to have carried out that is not directly related to an Injury or Illness, including any complications that arise.
8. Any Claim arising from expenses incurred for congenital defects or abnormalities where clinical sign(s) were apparent prior to the effective date of the Policy or that became apparent during the first fourteen (14) days prior to the commencement date of this Policy;
Any Claim arising from expenses incurred for treatment of Illness or Injury arising out of:
c. Commercial guarding;
d. Organized fighting; or
e. Any other occupational, professional or business uses of the Insured dog;
9. Any Claim arising from expenses incurred for treatment of an intentional Injury or condition as a result of abuse (including persistent neglect) of Insured dog, by the Insured or a member of the Insured’s household;
10. Costs or fees for treatment of an Illness or Injury for which the Insured was advised prior to commencement of the Policy by a Vet to take preventive measures and he/she did not do so.