Covers your pet dog, between the ages of 3 months to 10 years, over their lifetime
If your pet has a micro-chip or is RFID tagged, you get extra savings of 5% on your premium
Covers treatment of any injury/surgery or mortality resulting from any accident from the moment of policy issuance, without any waiting period
Note : The premium of this insurance plan would depend upon the age, breed and gender of the dog. Pet dogs are classified into either Small, Medium, Large or Giant sizes based on the breed of the dog.
No mandatory pre-policy medical tests for your pet dog, even if your pet is at a higher age. There will be some waiting periods for certain diseases, though.
We’re sure your pet dog’s vaccinations are given as and when required, in the duration of the policy. And if yes, this insurance will also cover failure of vaccination. Please note that in order for the coverage to be valid, your dog needs to be vaccinated throughout the policy period.
Surgery Expenses and Hospitalization Cover :
This is the only mandatory cover in this product which includes
This cover allows you to claim the surgery expenses for treatment of dog, carried out by a qualified vet, up to a maximum of INR 50000. It also gives your pet cover for pre and post surgery expenses, so your pet can recover comfortably. Additionally, you also get protected against the treatment of a fractured limbs of the pet dog, subject to a maximum limit of INR 5000.
If your pet has to be hospitalized, this is the cover that will safeguard you financially for the expenses that will be incurred, subject to maximum of INR. 2500 per day of hospitalization of Insured dog for a maximum of 4 days.
Mortality Benefit Cover :
This optional cover allows you to file a claim up to the SI (Sum Insured) that you’ve opted for in case your dog unfortunately passes away due to an illness, an accident, from breeding, pregnancy or due to euthanasia prescribed by the vet. The mortality benefit cover also pays you INR 3,000 for the cremation/burial of your dog.
Terminal Diseases Cover :
This optional cover provides you a lump sum compensation of INR 30,000, if your favorite pal is diagnosed with any of following critical illnesses:
✓ Kidney failure
✓ Coagulation disorders
✓ Cardiac dysfunctions
Long Term Care Cover :
The optional long term care cover provides you a lump sum compensation of INR 25,000, if your furry friend is diagnosed with any of following illnesses, which requires long term care:
✓ Cushing’s Syndrome
✓ Thyroid Dysfunction
✓ Inflammatory Bowel Disease
OPD Cover :
If your pet gets injured due to an accident, or contracts the diseases mentioned below, our optional OPD pet cover will be of great use. The diseases that are covered include:
✓ Hepatitis/Liver Dysfunction
✓ Inflamation of Prostate Glands
✓ Vestibular Disorder
✓ Eye Related Problems except for Glaucoma
✓ Parvo virus
This covers protects you up to an expense of INR 30,000. However, a deductible of 10% of the Claim amount, subject to a minimum of INR 1000, is applicable on every claim.
Third Party Liability Cover :
Where there are pets there are bound to be accidents. If your pet happens to be the cause of a mishap that results into an injury, death, disease or property damage of someone else, this cover will have your back for the legal liability, if you opt for it. Further, we will also protect you against the legal costs of defending a claim. You can opt for a Sum Insured of either INR 5 lakhs or INR 10 lakhs under this cover.
Theft/Straying/Lost Cover :
An optional cover, you are eligible to claim for this if your pet goes missing up to the SI (Sum Insured) that you’ve opted for. Further, this covers allows you to offer a reward of up to INR 5000 to anyone who can help you find your precious pet.
Upon the occurrence of a loss, you will have to immediately report the loss to the Police Authorities and get a General Diary entry lodged as well as register the incident with us. You would need to make full efforts to find your pet for at least 45 days including, if necessary, advertisements in local newspapers, and this cover insures you against such advertisement cost to the extent of INR 1000 as well.
Surgery Expenses and Hospitalization Cover
Specific Exclusions applicable to Section 1A (Surgery):
The Company will not indemnify the Insured under this Section for the cost incurred in relation of the following:
1. Any Surgeries which are not necessitated due to any Accident/Illness
2. Any Surgeries done to cure congenital defects/deformities
3. Cataract Surgeries for Giant breeds over 5 years of age and for all other breeds over 7 years of age. (Can be covered in Plan B)
4. Any surgeries related to procedures like hysterectomy, spaying and castration unless medically required due to an illness/accident or the costs claimed are for treatment of complications arising from such procedures
5. Any Surgery done in relation to pregnancy or whelping.
6. Dental Surgery not arising out of an accident
7. Any Surgery done in relation to Grooming
8. Cosmetic, aesthetic or elective Surgery including tail docking, declawing, removal of eyelashes, cropping of ears or any other procedure not related to Illness or Injury.
9. Any Surgeries for removal of any abnormal growth such as a wart or an abscess
10. Any Surgeries related to skin diseases
11. Any experimental Surgeries
12. Cost of artificial body parts and/or prosthesis.
13. Any expenses which can be covered under Hospitalisation (Section 1 B)
Specific Exclusions applicable to 1B (Hospitalisation):
The Company will not pay any amounts under Hospitalisation for Insured dog for:
1. The cost of Dental Treatment unless the treatment relates to an Injury.
2. Any Claim arising from skin related treatments.
3. Any Claim arising from expenses incurred for vaccination and micro-chipping, other than the cost of treating any complications that arise from this procedure.
4. Any Claim arising from expenses incurred for spaying (including spaying following a false pregnancy) or castration, unless:
a. The procedure is carried out when Insured dog is suffering from an Injury or Illness and the procedure is essential to treat the Injury or Illness
b. The costs Claimed are for the treatment of complications arising from this procedure.
5. Any Claim arising from expenses incurred in connection with breeding, pregnancy or giving birth.
6. Any non-medical cost incurred by the Insured for the Insured dog.
7. The cost of any elective treatment, any preventive treatment or any treatment that Insured person chooses to have carried out that is not directly related to an Injury or Illness, including any complications that arise.
8. Any Claim arising from expenses incurred for congenital defects or abnormalities where clinical sign(s) were apparent prior to the effective date of the Policy or that became apparent during the first fourteen (14) days prior to the commencement date of this Policy;
Any Claim arising from expenses incurred for treatment of Illness or Injury arising out of:
c. Commercial guarding;
d. Organized fighting; or
e. Any other occupational, professional or business uses of the Insured dog;
9. Any Claim arising from expenses incurred for treatment of an intentional Injury or condition as a result of abuse (including persistent neglect) of Insured dog, by the Insured or a member of the Insured’s household;
10. Costs or fees for treatment of an Illness or Injury for which the Insured was advised prior to commencement of the Policy by a Vet to take preventive measures and he/she did not do so.
Mortality Benefit Cover :
1. If your dog is put to sleep due to aggression unless this can be attributed to an illness and can be certified by a veterinary doctor.
2. If death results due to Kidney failure for Giant breeds over 5 years of age and for all other breeds over 7 years of age. (Can be covered in Plan B)
3. Claims arising due to the intentional slaughter, irrespective of any order by Government, Local Authority or any person having jurisdiction in the matter.
✓ Mortality Benefit Cover will not be available for Giant Breeds over the age of 4 years and all other Breeds over the age of 7 years, except if renewed with us without break.
✓ Death due to Terminal diseases or any other Illness won’t be payable once payment under Terminal Diseases section has been made.
Terminal Diseases Cover :
1. If your dog dies before the completion of 30 days from the date of diagnosis of the above listed Terminal diseases
2. More than one claim shall not be honored under this section during the lifetime of your dog.
✓ Terminal Diseases Cover will not be available for Giant Breeds over the age of 5 years and all other Breeds over the age of 7 years. (Can be covered in plan B)
✓ Terminal Diseases Cover ceases for the lifetime once claimed under the policy.
OPD Cover :
1. Any claim related to Glaucoma shall not be payable under this policy.
2. Any claim arising out of a surgery conducted on your dog.
OPD Cover will not be available for Giant Breeds over the age of 4 years and all other Breeds over the age of 7 years, except if renewed with us without break
Third Party Liability Cover :
1. Claims where no liability is established by a competent Court or Tribunal or Forum constituted under Law.
2. Any damages, costs and expenses where the injury or damage was caused by the deliberate acts or omissions of you or members of your family, employed by you, including staff/care-taker.
3. Any compensation cost and expenses if the incident happens in an area or place where dogs are specifically prohibited, unless your dog escapes and enters the area outside of your control.
4. Compensation or legal costs if the injured person is part of your family, lives in your home or is paid to look after your dog or is paid to train your dog.
5. All vets, dog trainers, kennel employees, dog breeders, dog shop owners, if the incident has occurred in the course of conducting their profession/occupation
Theft/Lost/Straying Cover :
1. For any claim not supported by evidence of any sort of advertising done to find your lost dog.
2. Reimbursing any money you spent trying to find your dog if we have not agreed to the way you are doing this.
3. Any reward to anyone who is a member of your family or household residing with you or by any person employed by you.
1. Upon the happening of a loss, you will have to immediately report the loss to the Police Authorities and get a General Diary Entry lodged.
2. Every effort shall be made to trace out your dog including, if necessary, advertisement in local newspapers.
3. You shall intimate the Company by registering a theft/stolen incidence within 24 hours from the event of loss. You shall furnish the claim intimation number once you submit the final claim document in event of no trace of your Dog within 45 days.
4. If your Dog is not found within 45 days from the date of disappearance in spite of various attempts, submit a claim for Theft or Straying to us (no later than one year after the date your dog went missing).
5. If your dog is found or subsequently returned, you must repay the full amount that has been paid under this cover of the policy.
Theft/Lost/Straying Cover will not be available for Giant Breeds over the age of 4 years and all other Breeds over the age of 7 years, except if renewed with us without break
Note : For the Mortality Benefit Cover and Theft/Lost/Straying Cover, you may choose any Sum Insured up to a maximum price (which depends upon the breed of the dog and whether the dog is a pedigree or non-pedigree). If you wish to choose a Sum Insured which is applicable only for a pedigree dog, you need to provide us a certificate from Kennel Club of India (KCI) for proving the pedigree lineage. If you wish to choose a Sum Insured which is beyond the maximum price, you need to provide us an invoice or any other proof of purchase price.
We think it’s a great idea that you’re looking at pet dog insurance options. In order to be eligible for this cover, your dog must be between the ages of 3 months to 4 years for Giant Breeds or 3 months to 7 years for Small/Medium/Large breeds. We can offer your dog insurance for up to the age of 6 years for Giant breeds or 10 years for Small/Medium/Large breeds, if continuously renewed with us. Now, you must be wondering what documents you need to submit while buying the policy. Well, here’s a list to help you get started:
✓ You’ll need to fill up the form and provide the details relating to your pet dog on our website
✓ To help identify your pet, we’ll need colour phots of your pet from 5 sides, Front, Back, Left, Right and Top. If your pet has an RFID chip, a colour photo, which clearly captures the identification number will work too. The photo needs to include the newspaper as on the date of application, with the date of the newspaper visible.
✓ You’ll also need to self-declare that your pet has received all their vaccinations on time
✓ If your pet is more than 4 years of age, and you’re opting to waive off the 90 days waiting period (as explained in Special Conditions) we’ll need some Diagnostics Test Results, such as Bio-chemistry test, Circulatory blood count, urine test and chest X-Ray.
✓ If you are choosing a Sum Insured which applicable for a pedigree lineage, you’ll also need to provide a Pedigree Certificate from Kennel Club of India
✓ If you are choosing a higher Sum Insured than the maximum price defined for that breed, you’ll need to provide purchase proof
Presenting the medical test reports of the dog conducted in the last 7 days for the following medical tests; such as Bio-chemistry test, Circulatory blood count, urine test and chest X-Ray.
No cover for the initial 90 days of the policy period from the date of inception of the policy for any Surgery, Hospitalization, Mortality, Terminal Diseases, Long Term Care or OPD related covers with respect to following illnesses:
Liver dysfunction, Kidney dysfunction, Pancreatic Dysfunction, Cushing’s Syndrome, Diabetes, Thyroid Dysfunction, All types of Cancers and tumors, Meningitis, Epilepsy, Peritonitis, Inflammation of Prostate Gland, Coagulation Disorders, Cardiac Dysfunction, Otitis, Hip Dysplasia, Ascites, Parvo Virus Infection, Distemper, Canine Leptospirosis, Upper Respiratory Tract Infection, Urinary Tract Infection, Vestibular Disorder, Pneumonia, Pyometra, Osteo Arthritis, Venereal Granuloma, Insulinoma, Hematoma in ear, All Eye Related Problems.